Tuesday, April 24, 2007

This week...

Is my last week at LAC+USC Medical Center as part of the Department of Emergency Medicine.
I will begin Student Teaching on Monday April 30th at Marshall Fundamental. I'm excited and yet a part of me is sad that I'm leaving a job. I've worked since I was about 12 and it'll be the first time I'm not getting paid for doing work. It is kinda scary, but I know that at the end it'll be worth it to be running my own class room. This doesn't mean that I'll stop writing or blogging at all, on the contrary, it'll be nice to be able to put the graded or grading in progress papers aside and let my mind relax by pouring my head into this blog or a short story. I seem to have to really be inspired for me to pull out my sketch book and draw these days. Which is also sad, but I've come to terms that I can describe what I see a helluva lot better than I can draw it and that' s okay.
Especially when you see guys like Jacen Burrows, Bryan Hitch, Ben Templesmith, Frank Quitely, Jim Lee, Darick Robertson and Marc Silvestri.
But I can write whatever I can imagine so long as I can describe it.
-R

1 Comments:

Blogger KRUG said...

NO SURRENDER!!!! YOU CAN NEVER STOP DRAWING YOU SHLEP!!! ITS IN YOUR BLOOD LIKE A CURSE!!!A CURSE!!! I'LL KIDNAPP YOU AND MAKE U DRAW IF I HAVE TO DAGGUBBIT!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home